Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter 2009!

I just wanted to say Happy Easter to everyone. We woke up to beautiful Utah spring weather on this Easter morning...it was great! I got the girls all dressed up in their new Easter dresses...that I made, and they looked so darn cute! I felt very proud of myself. Clate wore his Easter sweater from last year. I guess that's what happens when you don't grow very fast, or if mom buys everything a size too big. Anyway, they all looked cute and we made it to church only a few minutes late.

Now that I'm in my 30s...I'm starting to understand what we are really celebrating on Easter. Not that I didn't "know" it before, but I'm understanding it more in my old age (finally). Anyway, I've felt very grateful lately for the plan of salvation, the atonement, and really every aspect of the gospel...and today, especially the resurrection of our Savior. I believe He lives, I really do. And because of that, we will live again after this life...and can live with our families if we so choose. Nothing in my life has brought me more joy than the joy I feel when I'm trying to follow Christ and His teachings and do the things that allow me to have the spirit with me. I read a quote a while back that I have made my personal mission statement. It says, "God's gift of joy is always worth the price."

4 comments:

Aubrey Bergeson said...

Wow, you really went gung-ho on the blogging, good job! Hey we had a fun couple of days with you guys. Thanks for putting in so much effort so Jack could have somewhat of an Easter! The girls look adorable, I have to say I am very impressed with the outfits! Talk to you later.
Aubrey.

Mindy said...

Ella just saw this picture and said, "Lookit, friends!" I guess I've somehow missed your other recent updates. I love the dresses and the pretty curls! Thank you for sharing your testimony as well.

Nicole said...

the girls look darling!!! loved hanging out the other weekend...we need to hang out again soon...i'll try and call today or tomorrow! besos, guapa! gracias por el mensaje chiquito del Senor. no es comun poder sentir el espiritu al ver un blog. me encanto! te quiero, mucho, amiga!
hablaremos, pues! vale? VENGA! adeu!

Jill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.