Saturday, November 14, 2009
i think halle wins the prize for the best bed-head.
halle has been enjoying her dance class. she's quite the performer. her teacher started having her be the first one of the group to practice each dance because she always knew halle would do it. now halle insists on being the first one. her dance class is on friday and she starts planning for it on sunday night.
Friday, November 6, 2009
The kids had a great time trick or treating and loaded up on way too much candy...it should last a long time!
Monday, September 21, 2009
she even wears it during nighttime prayers. luckily, she hangs it up on the coat rack before going to bed.
this is how chloe smiles now for pictures. i love it.
chloe at 2
- about 2 weeks ago she finally started babbling things that resemble real words. i think she finally has down "mama" and "dada". other than that, i would say her first word was probably balloon, said like "balum" or "baloo". today, she started pointing at every car and saying, "ca". she's definitely making progress in the speaking area. she also knows some animal sounds; i think those count as words too. oh yeah, she says "ease" for please.
- she loves balloons, baby dolls, purses, cell phones, going down slides, playing in the sandbox, playing in her kitchen, playing in or with water, stacking blocks, AND her binky...in fact, sometimes one is just not enough!
- she especially likes to "help" mom cook. if i'm in the kitchen, she usually has to be right there with me, watching everything i do.
- she can ride a 3-wheeled scooter
- she thinks she can do anything that clate and halle do, including drinking out of a regular cup. she melts down when i try to give her a cup with a lid, so i often let her have a regular cup...and she does fine if she stays sitting at the table, but when she gets down from the table, the drink usually ends up spilled all over the floor.
- she is a great sleeper; still takes a 2-3 hour nap everyday.
- she has the sweetest personality. i can't wait until she really starts to communicate because i think she is going to be quite funny. she has great facial expressions and the light in her eyes is amazing. she is a very happy little girl.
- she has even curlier hair than her sister...amazing.
i held her the other night in the middle of the night because she was having a hard time sleeping and i couldn't help but think, "she's not a baby any more." she was big in my arms, and heavy. i snuggled close and squeezed her tight as i sat with her for a few minutes. i just love that little girl. she has brought so much joy to me in her short 2 years here. i'm glad she's mine forever. happy birthday bo.
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
i threw together a little birthday party for him this week. he only invited 3 friends; andrew, anna, and sarah. they played games, ate cupcakes, and opened presents. it was a good time.
clate and andrew working together in a 3-legged race; boys vs. girls
potato sack (reusable grocery bag) racing
racing while balancing eggs on spoons held in their mouths
they frosted their own cupcakes (clate's should have been red, not pink) and sang happy birthday to clate along with the Countdown Kids.
for his birthday, clate got a spiderman transformer, Woody and Buz Lightyear, a book, and two stuffed animals, a hamster and a mouse (he loves stuffed animals). from his friends he got a batman action figure toy, a set of 9 mini-Cars (from the movie), and a paint set. he is still waiting for grammie and pa to get here this weekend with their gifts. clate asked for mac n cheese for dinner tonight, so that's what he got. then we went to red robbin for a chocolate milkshake. he was one happy camper.
clate at five:
- plays soccer
- loves to watch and play football with dad
- says "what the..." all the time
- refuses to wear long sleeve shirts except to church
- thinks he runs lightening fast
- has a major sweet tooth
- loves to help me around the house especially if earning money is an option
- asks me every night what the next day is and what our plans are and doesn't forget in the mornig
- loves to swing high (big change from last year)
- loves to drive his sisters mad by bugging them (he's such a big brother)
- could use a nap most days but only actually takes one about twice a week
- won't go to sleep unless i sing "i love to see the temple" and "i am a child of god" every night followed by a back scratch for 14 seconds
- still a mama's boy.
last night i had a fun conversation with clate before he went to bed. i told him that i was sad because he would never be 4 again. he told me that i could pretend he was 4 anytime i wanted. i told him he could open up one present first thing in the morning. he told me to tell him which one to open, and that it should NOT be a book. i said, "maybe it will be a really cool book." he said, "maybe it will be a really cool TOY!" i asked him what he was going to do when he was five. he said he was going to be nice to his sisters....i'm going to hold him to that one. i was thanking him for being such a great four-year-old and for having such a fun year. he reached up and gave me a hug and said, "you're the best mom ever!"
Sunday, September 6, 2009
These dresses were worn 7 years ago by my nieces, Elley and Sammie, at our wedding reception. They both got "handed down" to us recently, so I thought I'd let the girls wear them today. I don't usually dress them alike, mostly because I don't buy 2 of anything, but I thought this would be fun. The dresses are actually the same size, 2T; a little long for Chloe and a little short for Halle...but they had fun being twinners for a day. I can't believe Elley and Sammie were so little back then...they're so big now.
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Sunday, August 16, 2009
Halle: "Hi, are you coming home?"
Clate: "Yep, I'll be there in a little while."
Halle: "Okay, I'll wait for you."
Clate: "Watch for me out the window, okay?"
Halle: "I can't wait to see you. I love you!"
Clate: "I love you too. See you in a minute."
As this was going on, I thought, "Oh, how cute...they are mimicking my conversations with Adam." Part of me was proud that they seemed to pick up on the positive things they hear. Then the conversation continued.
Halle: "When you get home, we'll play, okay?"
Clate: "We can play for just a minute, but then I have to go in my office and work some more."
That's when I knew...they pick up on EVERYTHING! Not that Adam having to go back to work when he returns home is a bad thing...but just kind of funny that Clate picked up on even that.
I told Adam about this conversation when he got home and we all laughed!
Saturday, August 8, 2009
I also think it was a good move 7 years ago when I decided to marry Adam! It has been an adventurous ride, no doubt, but I wouldn't change a thing! I am a better woman because of him and I am grateful to him for that. He is a hard worker, a dedicated father, and a loving husband...and he is mine! Thanks babe for the last 7 years...I look forward to 7 million more!
Clate has even figured out how to stand up and ride!
Day 3: On our way to Jackson Hole we stopped at Colter Bay in the Grand Teton National Park...one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. It's not a sandy beach, but its a beach...and we all had a great time. Halle and Chloe enjoyed throwing rocks in the water. Clate most enjoyed catching minnows with pa. Adam and I (along with Casey, Aubrey and Ashley) practiced our open-water swimming and swam out to a buoy. I think I'll have to practice a bit more before I attempt another triathlon. It was fun still.
We also stopped at Jenny's Lake and jumped onboard a little boat that took us to the other side of the lake where we hiked up to Hidden Falls.
Chloe crashed for the hike...she was so tired. All the kids did really well considering the lack of scheduled naps.
That's all of us.
On the way out of Jackson Hole, we stopped at Snow King Resort to hit the Alpine slides. Once again, a big hit with the kids and the adults. Last time I went on an Alpine slide I road the breaks way too much. This time I had Chloe with me and we went full speed! We raced against dad and Halle. As you can see in the picture...mom and Chloe won! She quite enjoyed it...if only she could say it with words.
And finally, to end the vacation...we celebrated Halle (3) and Jack's (2) birthdays.
SOOOO, HUGE thanks to grammie and pa for planning and making a really great vacation! Let's do it again soon!!! :)
Abby came to visit us this summer all the way from Georgia. I tried to convince her that Utah is better than Georgia, but she seemed to have too much Georgia pride! While she was here we went to the zoo, Murray City swimming pool/water park, temple square, and up Big Cottonwood Canyon. Unfortunately, we didn't take our camera with us anywhere, except up Big Cottonwood Canyon...so this is all we have to show for her visit! I hope she had a good time; we sure did!
We had a fun 4th of July this year. We didn't do anything too fancy, but we did have Casey, Aubrey and Jack over for a BBQ and to watch the fireworks. We have a great view of the fireworks at Sugarhouse Park from our front yard...so we like to take advantage of the convenience. Besides, Clate still prefers to watch the fireworks from inside the house. He doesn't like the loud noises. I was quite proud of him, though, 'cause he was brave enough to hold a sparkler, something he had never done before. Maybe next year he'll sit outside with us. Halle, on the other hand, watched the fireworks with us outside, but would not hold a sparkler. Chloe just slept through it all!
We're proud to be Americans!!!