Thursday, December 30, 2010
Thursday, December 23, 2010
Monday, December 13, 2010
Sunday, December 12, 2010
We've started our countdowns....all of them. The kids are counting down the days till Christmas (of course), and I am counting down the days until this baby gets here. 10 more to go, in case anyone was wondering. Still taking name ideas!
Monday, October 18, 2010
- Sings ALL day long. Some of her most sung songs are "I'm Trying to Be Like Jesus," "I Love To See The Temple," any other primary song, and any of the Silly Songs they listen to in the car.
- Tells me, "I love you so much, so much, so much, so much, so much, so much...."
- Still can't blow her nose, only sniffs.
- Loves to color and cut paper into really small pieces.
- Favorite cereal: Cinnamon Toast Crunch
- Rides a scooter like a pro.
- Calls the baby in my belly Jacer Racer, even though we're not sure what his name will be.
- Is potty trained!
- She is one smart little cookie and so funny to be around.
- Overall, she is one happy girl.
Sunday, October 17, 2010
- He is starting to read.
- Loves playing soccer and has scored all but 1 of the goals scored by his team this year.
- Loves to draw and/or color.
- Wears his cowboy gear almost every day.
- Blows me kisses every night; one for me to use immediately, and at least 2 handfuls for me to use when I go to bed.
- Always says, "Good night, I love you." when I put him to bed.
- Is really good at putting Legos together, even some of the more difficult sets that he has.
- Loves to make his sisters squeal.
- Always asks for chores to do around the house to earn money.
- Will do almost anything for money.
I'm still in love with this kid and wouldn't change a thing about him!
Friday, September 24, 2010
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Clate helping Pa pack the trailer.
The week before school started, grammie and pa treated us to one last summer vacation, one we had been wanting to do all summer long but hadn't...a campout. They took us to Warm River, somewhere near Ashton, Idaho. It was a fun little campground with the Warm River running through it--funny name for a river that felt like ice water; there was nothing warm about it. But the kids enjoyed it anyway, floating down the river with Pa and playing in a little shallow area. My favorite part of camping...the campfire and roasting marshmallows, after a tasty tinfoil dinner and hot dogs, of course. We ended the night with a flashlight-lit walk up the river where Pa told some stories to the kids, making them laugh and wanting more the whole way back. And believe it or not, the kids all fell asleep quickly and slept peacefully all night long. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for myself. There really is no comfortable position on a hard ground for a pregnant belly. Fun, nevertheless. It was a quick trip, but definitely worth it!
Friday, August 27, 2010
One of Adam's favorite things to do with the kids is hiking. We've tried some long hikes with them, as well as a lot of little hikes. I think we've all leared to enjoy the shorter easier hikes a little more, then the kids can walk themselves (mostly) and we don't have to carry them. Here we are a few weeks ago hiking up to Lake Mary. It was a short, but kind of steep hike. Clate did it all by himself. Halle only needed a lift towards the top. And Chloe...well, we're still working on her. Dad got to carry her quite a bit. The more hiking we do, the more the kids enjoy it, especially when they can do it by themselves. And dad never passes up the opportunity to teach the kids the important skill of rock skipping. It was such a beautiful day and a really fun hike.
Thursday, August 12, 2010
Chloe is on the potty train! And it's about time! I am determined to have a few months without diapers...so about a week and a half ago I decided we were going to get this girl trained. And she's doing awesome! Between the Starbursts, the suckers, the popsicles and a sticker chart...this girl has stayed motivated and finally prefers big girl panties to diapers! YEA, we're almost there!
Friday, August 6, 2010
So, what will HIS name be? This has been the topic of conversation for weeks, and options are all over the board. Some of my "favorites" that have come up: Clate came up with Bull Grunter Bergeson. (We recently went to a rodeo and he loved the bull riding.) This morning Halle suggested Marvin the Tap-dancing Horse (yes, you read that right) or Marvin the Baby Brother. (Is she suggesting we skip a middle name and give a title instead?) As much as I enjoy their input, it's a good thing that they won't have the final say in what HIS name will be!
Sunday, July 25, 2010
The party ended today with a little party at home with family on her special day! And it was her birthday ALL day long...mind you, not just part of the day. She made sure to let everyone at church know that. Mike and Andrea came over and we opened gifts and ate cake and ice cream. Speaking of the cake...I have seen these princess doll cakes around and thought it would be fun to do. And it was fun, but cutting into the cake only an hour or so after finishing the decorating wasn't so much fun. Oh well...I guess that's why I made the cake, right??? to eat it! The Belle cake was a surprise for Halle, and I think it took her a minute to realize it was her cake too. I was happy with how it turned out.
I will be back with more of Halle at 4, but in short...she is one happy, fun 4-year-old!
Happy Birthday love bug!
Wednesday, June 30, 2010
tuckered out at the end of the day.