Friday, August 6, 2010

what will HIS name be???

Yes, that's right...we're having a BOY! and we couldn't be happier, especially the kids. For weeks the kids have been talking about baby names, only BOY baby names. I kept warning them that it could be a girl; we don't really get to choose. Then Halle asked me who chooses. I told her that Heavenly Father chooses. Her response, very matter-of-factly, "Well, Heavenly Father spoke to my heart and said that it was a boy." OK then...and I guess she was right after all. Even Chloe was sure she would be having another brother. And Clate, well, it just had to be a boy.

So, what will HIS name be? This has been the topic of conversation for weeks, and options are all over the board. Some of my "favorites" that have come up: Clate came up with Bull Grunter Bergeson. (We recently went to a rodeo and he loved the bull riding.) This morning Halle suggested Marvin the Tap-dancing Horse (yes, you read that right) or Marvin the Baby Brother. (Is she suggesting we skip a middle name and give a title instead?) As much as I enjoy their input, it's a good thing that they won't have the final say in what HIS name will be!

6 comments:

Toni said...

Awe..... congrats! We are not the authority on choosing names, so we won't even go there, but how fun!

Aubrey Bergeson said...

all of your scheming worked!! so happy for you! now i just need to do the opposite of what you did so i can get a girl :)

Rachel said...

Marvin! That is perfect! I am totally laughing right now. Kids are so funny. So, congratulations!!! I didn't even know you were preggers. I am happy for you. Hmmm, boy names. I always liked Luke and Jonah, but that's just me. I'm kind of a Biblical gal.

andrea said...

Yay Yay Yay!!! I love that Heavenly Father is speaking to Halle's heart... maybe he really should be named Marvin the tap-dancing horse....

Adrienne said...

Congratulations, Kari! That's so fun! I saw Hillary a couple weeks ago and she told me you guys are coming to OH - yay! She also told me where to find your blog. :-) I miss you!

Holly said...

Kari,

Congratulations!! Obviously I haven't checked your blog very recently because I didn't even know a baby was on the way! I am so happy for you, and also happy you are starting your senior year in ortho...woohoo!