Sunday, October 17, 2010

September 16

My little cowboy! Even on a 90 degree day, you'll find him wearing the whole outfit!

The coolest soccer ball cake EVER!

His new golf bag; one that can be carried on his back AND has a stand, two things he really wanted in a golf bag.

I'm such a bad blogger...I just can't keep up with the things going on in my life. Anyway...

Back on September 16, Clate turned 6! Whoa! I can't believe I have a 6-year-old. It was an exciting day for him; he was VERY excited to 6, not 5 anymore. I took treats to his classroom for his birthday. He wanted me to make chocolate mint chip cookies and serve them with ice cream, so that's what we did. It seemed to be a big hit with his classmates. It was fun to be there because before anyone could have the birthday treat, they each got to say something nice about Clate. After only a little more than a week in his class, almost everyone had something nice to say about him, and some had a lot to say. I think it made him feel special!

Grandma and grandpa Cowdell AND Grammie and Pa were in town for his birthday; that was treat! So we had dinner with cake and ice cream for everyone. Jack was also in town (headed home to PA) and Mike and Andrea were able to come. Clate scored BIG with presents this year; new Legos from grandma and grandpa Cowdell, cowboy gear (boots, vest and hat) from Grammie and Pa, and a new golf bag and putter from mom and dad (mostly dad). I made him a soccer ball cake, which he was also surprised by.
At six:
  • He is starting to read.
  • Loves playing soccer and has scored all but 1 of the goals scored by his team this year.
  • Loves to draw and/or color.
  • Wears his cowboy gear almost every day.
  • Blows me kisses every night; one for me to use immediately, and at least 2 handfuls for me to use when I go to bed.
  • Always says, "Good night, I love you." when I put him to bed.
  • Is really good at putting Legos together, even some of the more difficult sets that he has.
  • Loves to make his sisters squeal.
  • Always asks for chores to do around the house to earn money.
  • Will do almost anything for money.

I'm still in love with this kid and wouldn't change a thing about him!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

You are quite the cake maker, my dear! I'm impressed!

Sounds like birthdays have been keeping you busy, and now you've got Halloween coming up...When is your baby due?

Jim and Diane Jaspersen said...

Cute Cake!! Your kids are way cute!! can't believe they are getting so old!!!
When is the baby due??