Sunday, July 3, 2011

Red Butte


One of our favorite places to go on a summer morning is to Red Butte Gardens at the Univ. of Utah. It's always so beautiful up there with the flowers and trees, etc. But the kids LOVE the kids area. It's super fun and a great way to cool off. I've got some really great ideas for things I would like to have in my yard some day. We're going to miss Salt Lake.



Thomas enjoying the grass. Surprisingly, it doesn't really bother him. He's quite content lying in the grass.


Loving the lizards.


After growing up in Georgia with the red clay, this site always makes me cringe, and I think, "WHY would they put red clay in a kids sand box at a public place." Then I remember that it is NOT red clay. It is red dirt, and it does not stain them or their clothes. Amazing. They love it.


Cooling off.


And drying off.

2 comments:

Jim and Diane Jaspersen said...

your blog posts are fun to read! your kids are soooo cute! It looks like a fun day!

Nicole said...

hi!!! how are you guys doing?! i've been wondering about that place for a while. having studied botany...the "botanical" gardens and such have always caught my eye. i'm thinking we're gonna have to hit that place pretty soon! :) anyway, fun to see your cute kids! :) hope you are happy and well!
besos!