Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Welcome 2009!!!

I'm sure excited about this year...not sure why, but I am. I feel good about how things are going in my life right now. I love the ages of my kids. I don't really have a baby anymore; Chloe is still little, but she tries hard to keep up with Clate and Halle. They are starting to play better together (though they still have their days) and they love their new rooms and their new play area (and so do I)!! Our schedule isn't too crazy yet; I know it will only get worse as they get older, so I enjoy the time I get to spend with them everyday. Everyone is healthy. And as soon as we get all moved back into our house, we will be able to live normal lives again! I just think it is going to be a good year!!! So I am excited!

What are my kids up to at the start of 2009?
Clate: Loves to pretend play; he likes to play the Home Depot guy and sell me anything he can; he still love "Cars" and Lightening McQueen; he is learning to color in the lines and not everything is all red; loves hide-n-seek; lays his clothes out every night before going to bed, including his hat and socks; very helpful with making his bed other "chores" I ask him to do.

Halle: Wants anything that Chloe has; wants to do anything that Clate is doing; loves to help mom with anything and everything; loves to ride her pink "cooter"; likes to be rocked followed by me tickling her back, belly and each arm for 10 seconds before going to bed; needs to get potty trained; is very independent; likes to choose her own outfits (I can't believe it has already started).

Chloe: Finally walking; still not talking (unless you consider "uh, uh, uh" said really loudly talking); wants anything that Halle has; wants to do anything that Clate and Halle are doing; loves to be held by mom; still gets a bottle of warm milk before bed (I never did this for my other kids); likes to be chased; loves bathtime.

My goals for 2009 (do I dare state them?):
1. Be more organized (now that's specific)
2. Stay within our budget
3. Run the Salt Lake half-marathon (I can't believe I just said that!)
4. Keep up with Sunday School lessons
5. Read 5 books this year (any suggestions?)

I'll leave it at that for now. Oh yeah...
6. Be a better blogger and scrapbooker (can't forget family history)

For everyone who reads this blog and didn't get a Christmas card from us (that would be anyone reading this) I hope you had happy holidays and a very Merry Christmas...and I wish you a Happy 2009!!!

3 comments:

Jeff Hamm said...

Thanks for the update. We look forward to seeing you in March!

Toni said...

So seriously, you need to read the twilight series, you will be a changed woman!

Rachel said...

Hey, I just found your new blog! I can't wait to see you and your cute kids next week. As for books, here are some good ones....(p.s. I have a book club and you are more than welcome to check it out if you're interested-it's way fun!)

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
Walk Two Moons by Sharon Creech
The Miracle Life of Edgar Mint by Brady Udall
and go for the Twilight series if you haven't read them yet (but don't bother with #4)