Saturday, May 2, 2009

The Salt Lake Half Marathon

On April 18, I accomplished one of my New Year's resolutions and ran the Salt Lake Half Marathon with Adam! Adam was kind and ran with me the entire way. I could tell he would have liked to run faster, but he kept saying, "I'm right where I want to be." So, other than my painful blister that developed around mile 3 and the tenditis in my foot that started hurting about mile 5, it turned out to be more fun than I expected. Once I had done the 10 mile training run, I knew I would at least be able to finish the race if nothing more. Then with all of the people, running on the streets through the city, and perfect weather...it was a lot of fun. I'm not sure if it is something I plan to do again, but maybe.


7 comments:

ashley said...

Way to go!!!!! Lets get all of the brothers and their wives to run a half marathon all together one year! We are excited to see you guys in July!

Mindy said...

Wow, impressive! Mom of three and you find the time to train for this and accomplish it. Very inspiring. This will be so cool to show your daughters one day.

Nicole said...

rock on!!!! that's so awesome that you got to run that with your husband! how fun! i wish i liked running! so many of my friends are amazing me with their fitness goals! i wish there were some kind of rollerblading marathon...i'd be ALL over that! haha! i have decided that even though i hate running i am going to do a triathlon someday....that way i'll only hate part of it and enjoy the rest! ;P anyway, congrats! you da woman!

Kendra Leigh said...

Yay, Kari! That's so amazing- I'm not ambitious enough to do a half-marathon....

Jocee Bergeson said...

HI!! I didn't know you guys even had a BLOG! Hopefully you know we have one so at least one of us is keeping in touch w/ the other. We have to get together sometime soon. Want to come out for a BBQ in our backyard? Email me @ joceeb@gmail.com or call 298-6304 and let me know what night(s) might work. I know you're busy but we haven't seen you forever! Way to go on 1/2 marathon. That is one of my new years resolutions, too. I guess I better sign up for one. ;)

Rachel said...

Nice work! I love it that Adam stayed with you. That is sweet. I felt the same way when I finished my half in Moab-pretty sure I didn't want to do it again. But now I think I totally would. Just goes to show you-never say never!

holly said...

Kari - you are amazing! Way to go on the run. I finally tracked down your new blog address and it is fun to see your family. Your little kiddos are so cute! And way to go on making the Easter dresses. Another Easter has come and gone that I meant to do that for Claire but didn't - maybe I am now motivated enough to make her one for Christmas :)