Thursday, January 28, 2010

the boot

For Christmas Adam got me a pair of black boots, which I LOVE and wear any chance I get. For my birthday (in 2 weeks), I bought me a pair of brown boots, which I already enjoy wearing any chance I get. I love my boots!

Today, Chloe got her first boot, but she doesn't seem to like it quite as much as I like my boots...I'm not sure why!?! She looks so cute wearing it, don't you think?

The kids were jumping on the couch last night when Chloe fell and seemed to have twisted her foot. She started crying and then refused to put any weight on it. We decided to wait and see how she acted in the morning. She slept fine, but as soon as she woke up, she tried to get out of bed and collapsed on the floor, crying. She continue to refuse to walk on her foot. Luckily, Adam has some connections and got an appointment with one of the pediatric orthopods that he works with. I took Chloe in expecting that they would say all was well, she probably just twisted it funny...but instead, the doc says she cracked her shin bone. WHAT??? I was shocked. Anyway, he felt a full cast was a little much, so he decided to put her in a boot for 3 weeks. Chloe was not at all happy with the boot at first, but quickly warmed up to it. By the end of the day, I think she was more proud of it than anything. I took it off for bedtime, and again she refused to put her foot on the floor. This may be a long 3 weeks...we'll see!

5 comments:

Toni said...

Ouch! Poor girl. When we gonna see you guys again?

Kendra Leigh said...

I'm glad to know I'm not the only parent out there that doesn't attend to injuries immediately. Ella had "nursemaid's elbow" (dislocation) and we ignored it for most of the day. Anyway, glad Chloe is on the mend!

Nicole said...

poor thing! mike had a similar injury around the same age. :( no fun! good thing they heal well and quickly!

Rachel said...

Doh! That is crazy that a kid can crack a bone by doing something so seemingly minor. Good thing Adam's got the doctor hook-ups! I hope you guys are well. Let's get together soon! Are you doing any events this year? SLC 1/2 marathon-April 17th. You in?

holly said...

So sad, Kari! That is when it is nice to have an orthopod around the house (your term, not mine!) I hear kids are resilient, so hopefully it will be a speedy recovery.