Tuesday, March 17, 2009

green EVERYWHERE!...

Last week I told Clate all about the little leprechaun man who would turn things green and pinch him if he wasn't wearing green. He was pretty excited to see what I was talking about. This morning, he woke up and ran upstairs in his underwear to ask me if today was the day that the leprechaun was coming. I said yes, and he said, "Oh, I better wear my green shirt then!" He ran downstairs and got dressed before he got pinched! As soon as the girls woke up I started making breakfast. Clate couldn't believe it that when I started to scramble the eggs, they turned green. His first response was, "Ewww, I'm not going to eat those!" When I convinced him that they would probably taste the same as regular eggs and that the leprechaun had just turned them green, he was excited! He asked me if it was a green chicken that laid those eggs. I told him I wasn't sure, but I had never seen a green chicken before. Both Clate and Halle were shocked when they saw me pooring white milk into their cups, but when it hit the cup it turned green too. They were both very excited to drink green milk. Breakfast was a lot of fun!
It was also Clate's turn to take treats to preschool! Luckily, the leprechaun brought some green cookies and milk for him to take, because I was just going to send him with pickles and green grapes! Apparently, the milk was a big hit at preschool too!
Happy St. Patty's day!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

What a fun mom! We made pancakes this morning, but no leprechauns here...I wasn't prepared. Happy St. Patty's Day!

Nicole said...

bravo, girl!! so fun! i've heard of green pancakes for st patty's. i've decided one of these years when it lands on a sunday, i'll try. we have a hard enough time getting stuff done before school...and that's just with cereal for breakfast! :)
anyway, really cute...i would be impressed seeing the green eggs and milk in front of me...and i know about food dye! haha!