Saturday, August 8, 2009

He's 2-wheelin' it!!

Clate has had a 16-inch bike that will NOT ride without the training wheels, even though he can ride a balance bike just fine. When we got Halle a 12-inch bike for her birthday, before we put the training wheels on, we let Clate try riding it. I helped him once or twice down the driveway, and then he picked it up and rode off on his own...I couldn't believe it! I was so proud. In the next 2 days, I probably took the training wheels on and off about 10 times as Clate wanted a turn, then Halle wanted a turn. Needless to say, that wasn't working for me! So, the next day I went to Wal-Mart and for $40 I got Clate his own 12-inch bike...that he has ridden EVERY single day. He loves it and I love it!!!
Clate has even figured out how to stand up and ride!

Halle loves her bike too. Now, instead of wanting to watch TV every morning, they ask if they can go out to ride their bikes!!!

No comments: