Saturday, August 8, 2009

Happy Anniversary to us!!!

We celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary today, and this was Adam's surprise for me!!! Isn't he sweet! He will actually drive it most days since I need the van to haul the kids around, but it really is my car...you know, nights and weekends. :) Okay, maybe not, but I did say it was okay to buy it...so maybe that was my surprise for Adam! Either way, we have a new car now and we're both happy. It's a 2010 Toyota Corolla Sport...cute, eh? We decided to take advantage of the Cash for Clunkers program and turn in the Jeep before it sucked our bank accounts dry with repairs...which were only a matter of time away...not to mention the fact that it was a gas guzzler. We'll save $100 a month just on gas! I'm not sure how Adam will make it up skiing now, but I'm sure he'll figure that out! I must say that part of me will miss the Jeep...it was my first SUV, and it really was a good car, but I definitely think this was a good move.

I also think it was a good move 7 years ago when I decided to marry Adam! It has been an adventurous ride, no doubt, but I wouldn't change a thing! I am a better woman because of him and I am grateful to him for that. He is a hard worker, a dedicated father, and a loving husband...and he is mine! Thanks babe for the last 7 years...I look forward to 7 million more!

3 comments:

Toni said...

Sheesh, all I got for my anniversary was a bootleged copy of Photoshop of ebay that doesn't work right. Nice Car

Mindy said...

Happy Anniversary! What a nice gift to give yourselves. I'm hoping we'll just get dinner without the kids. ;0)

holly said...

Only 7 mil...I thought you were shooting for eternity :) Ha, ha. Sweet ride...we love our Corolla too - great cars. Miss you guys!