Saturday, August 8, 2009

Summer soccer is over!

Today was Clate's last soccer game for the season, and this is the only action shot I have of it all...and as you can see, I'm on the field too. Yep, just call me coach. I was lucky enough to coach Clate's soccer team and I had a really good time. I had signed up to be an assistant coach, which I was assigned. However, they didn't assign a head coach to our team...so I was the assistant coach to no one (aka head coach). I was nervous at first, but after reading some soccer coaching web sites I got really excited. I had Adam go and buy me 14 soccer balls (he thought I was crazy) so I could have fun, effective practices with my little team. We were almost undefeated (I'm not sure who won today's game), not that anyone was counting! :) And not to brag, but Clate was one of the top scorers on the team. He did awesome! It was fun! I would do it again; in fact, I've already signed us both up for fall soccer. GO GREEN!

1 comment:

Jeff Hamm said...

Wow... when you said you were the coach of the team I didn't think you meant THE COACH of the team. Good for you!